Our Most Popular Broad Spectrum Engineered Soil used throughout the West!!
Players Choice DR Professional Grade 5.5 Infield Soil Mix™ is our most popular engineered soil mix, graded as our “high intermediate” material. DR 5.5 is designed for colleges, high schools and municipal facilities that host a large number of events. On-site water is important to maintain proper resiliency with this mixture. A tight mix for an intermediate, DR 5.5 boasts an excellent SCR (silt, clay ratio) of .60, which makes it an excellent, all season material.
Test results and specifications available upon request.
Players Choice DR Professional Grade 5.5 Infield Soil Mix™ is a highly specialized blend of red clay, silt, and sand, useable by all groups, regions, and hard surface areas. Aesthetically it is red-brown color with a dark red hue.
Players Choice DR Professional Grade 5.5 Infield Soil Mix™ provides a high quality playing surface to programs looking to improve their infield’s firmness, soil strength, drainage, and look. This surface works best in all regions and is the basis of all our ES Mixes. Once compacted, this soil blend will be firm enough to hold its shape, play true, and shed water, yet still has enough sand to drain well and recover fast.
Players Choice DR Professional Grade 5.5 Infield Soil Mix™ should be put down to a depth of 3” – 6” on a standard infield renovation. Once placed, we recommend that you amend an Infield Conditioner into the top 2”- 4” of the playing surface. After applying the materials, we suggest watering your infield with ½ inch of water, rolling it with a 1000 pound roller to achieve proper compaction, and then laser grading it out at 1/2%.
- Screened and ready to use.
- High Clay Content for greater compaction and truer hops.
- Plays extremely smooth and fast.
- Professional look and feel.
- Dry Bulk Density – 73 lbs per Cubic Foot
1971 lbs per Cubic Yard
1.01 Cubic Yard = 1 Metric Tons
- Wet Bulk Density (18%) – 85 lbs per Cubic Foot
- 2295 lbs per Cubic Yard
- 1 Cubic Yard = 1.14 Metric Tons
- 2.75 yards, will cover 1000 sq feet, at a depth of 1”.
- Infield Conditioner = 1.4 yards : ton
- Calcined Clay = 1.7 yards : ton
User Groups: (In order of effectiveness)
- High School
- Municipal (Parks & Recreation)
- Youth Programs
- Professional and College
- Bulk Truckloads
- Loose – 58 lbs per Cubic Foot
- 1566 lbs per Cubic Yard
- 1 Cubic Yard = .78 Metric Tons
- Compacted – 68 lbs per Cubic Foot
- 1836 lbs per Cubic Yard
- 1 Cubic Yard = .918 Metric Tons
NOTE: Custom Soil Blends are available.